Tembotrione is generally used in combination with the safener dibenzoxazole acid, which can protect corn from UV damage, has the characteristics of broad spectrum, rapid action, and high compatibility with the environment.
(1) Wide spectrum of weed control and high activity. Tembotrione is used for the control of gramineous weeds, broad-leaved weeds, malignant weeds and resistant weeds in corn fields and rice fields. Cyclosulfone has a wider range of weed control than mesotrione. And has very high herbicidal activity.
Tembotrione is used to control cross-spectrum weeds, mainly annual setaria (which can improve its control effect) and wild Chenopodium weeds; for thistle, convolvulus, mother-in-law, capsicum, hemp, A variety of weeds such as chamomile and porphyrax have a strong killing effect, and it can also kill weeds that are resistant to glyphosate, dicamba and ALS inhibitor herbicides.
(2) The compound product of Tembotrione can increase the control effect. For example, the main target of tembotrione is mid-stage and late post-emergence weeds, while the main target of thiencarbazone is the early post-emergence gramineous weeds. The combination of the two products is effective for the control of weeds at various growth stages in corn fields.
(3) Low dosage and long weeding period. The effective dosage of tembotrione is low, usually 6-8 g/mu(1mu≈667㎡), and the suitable period forweeding is also long. Better results can be achieved by applying the drug within the period of time after corn emergence to 8 leaves. Compared with mesotrione (although it has a good weed control effect, but the time of application must be early), the restriction on the time of application of tembotrione is greatly reduced. If necessary, it can also be used after 14 days. Apply the same amount of medicine for the second time.
(4) Superior performance. Tembotrione products quickly penetrate under the action of additives and quickly distribute in the xylem and phloem. It has strong resistance to rain erosion, which is significantly better than mesotrione and topramezone. This may be related to the presence of multiple fluorine atoms in the tembotrione structure; and it can be maintained throughout the
growth period of the crop Good herbicidal activity without causing damage to the next crop.
(5) The safety of planting subsequent crops is also very good. After using tembotrione, it can be planted immediately when normal corn, sweet corn and pop corn are planted in the next crop. It is safe to plant cereals (except corn and sorghum) and sugarcane for more than 4 months in autumn; it is safe to plant soybeans in spring for more than 4 months; and for planting gourds,
sunflowers and other crops, such as sowing Peas, cotton, potatoes, rape, alfalfa, tomatoes, and sugar beets are safe for more than 10 months. If it is shorter than the safety interval for all the above-mentioned crops, it may cause damage to the next crop.